give me coffee!
It looks like a lot can be mended by installing good fonts. This was a topic in the "
Here is a simple script and howto I made, to download and install the original Microsoft Corefonts for wine, as winetricks are not working on OS X. It makes use of cabextract 1.2, of which I supply a binary.
get the needed files here.
From the README:
1. extract corefonts.zip
2. open applications/utilities/terminal.app
3. cd to the folder "corefonts" (for non cmdline savvies: type "cd", drag the folder "corefonts" into the terminal window, hit return)
4. type "./get_corefonts.sh" (this will download(8mb), extract and install the corefonts to your wine installation)
- maybe you have to make "get_corefonts.sh" executable by typing "chmod u+x get_corefonts.sh"
- restart wine, to make the fonts visible