give me coffee!
I've replaced the startup script of the Bottler with a cocoa app. This way I have more control over the wrapped app. Right now it supports the following things:
- Drag'n'Drop of file(s) on the Bottle
- the prefix of the bottle is copied to "~/Application Support/wine/prefixes" the first time it is run. This way we don't get into troubles with writing privileges in "/Applications". The prefixes can easily deleted from the prefix manager.
- the Bottle stays in the Dock once launched (allows selecting of the app)
- fast App switching to the Bottle (cmd-tab)
- fast App switching & termination of the Bottle (cmd-tab, cmd-q)
Lots of small improvements to the app like
- predefined apps sit in a .plist now, that could be maintained and hosted on the internet for rapid updates (again a shout for the appdb to offer an interface for wine front-ends)
- new Bottler window (we're still not there, but better 🙂 )
- Sparkle works from this version on (i.e. autoupdate of wine) you can manually see the rss entries of the sparkle appcast here: //www.kronenberg.org/wine/appcast.php
My mind is on:
- Status menu: Better support to display and terminate all exe's running (ps aux | grep .exe)
- replace the overlay displayed while prefix creation with the "action window" from the bottler
- finer grained feedback in the "action window"
- visual feedback when bottles are started to assure people that something is happening
- is there .otf font support in wine?
Long talk, here is the file: WineBottler_1.1.21.zip, and again, this is deepest dev work:
- it has loads of errors
- hide all previous Winehelper.app, Wine.app and WineBottler.app.
- bottles created with earyer versions are probably not going to work with this.
If You really need "Internet Explorer 7.0" You could give this build a try. "Internet Explorer 6.0" is not working atm.