give me coffee!
Just got a tweet from @codylloydwright, why WineBottler is missing an automated install of Notepad++. How very right he is, I'm using Notepad++ a lot on Windows, so why not on OS X?
I added it to the automated installs and made it my next video tutorial. (Subscribe to the new MikesMassiveMess YouTube Channel to stay up to date on other howtos.)
Installing Notepad++ on a Mac
- Download WineBottler 1.6.x from http://winebottler.kronenberg.org
- Copy WineBottler and Wine.app to your Mac.
- Start WineBottler.
- Search for "notepad" in the "Download" Section, click "Notepad++"
- Give the App a name.
- Wait 🙂 .
- Done. Run Notepad++ from "On My Mac" or from wherever you have installed the App to.
- If Notepad++ finds some updates, just let it install them - select "Restart Notepad++" after the updates are installed. Wait for Notepad++ to apply the updates and relaunch itself.